To Return to the Competition Click Here
- Employees of Classic Rock Broadcasting Ltd trading as ‘Radio Nova’, or employees of Fleet St Inn Dublin Ltd trading as Buskers Bar, their relatives or anyone directly involved with the competition are not eligible to enter.
- The competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland only.
- No cash alternative will be offered for any prizes. If prizes become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, suitable substitutes will be provided. Radio Nova and Buskers Bar reserve the right to change prizes at any time. In those instances a substitute prize will be offered.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over where prizes are of an adult nature or feature alcohol.
- Entrants must be aged 21 years or over where prizes include travel outside of Ireland.
- Entrants for competitions with prizes featuring cars or other powered vehicles must possess the required EU licence or other certification.
- Entry to the “Dublin’s Best Busker” competition constitutes your agreement that permission has been obtained from the individual for entry into the competition and that their likeness be publicised on the Radio Nova or Buskers Bar Facebook pages, websites or any other online media. Radio Nova or Buskers will not assume any responsibility where permission has not been sought and agreed.
- By entering a Radio Nova and Buskers Bar contest you have awarded Radio Nova and Buskers Bar the right to publicise your name, likeness, voice and, in the case of the “Dublins Best Busker” promotion, those of the nominated entrant, through broadcast, Facebook, website and/or other means of publicity.
- Entrants for competitions featuring holiday prizes with travel outside of Ireland must possess a valid passport, must be able to travel on the allocated dates, where stated, and must meet the necessary entry requirements, including visa conditions for the countries specified in the competition. Entrants should also have sufficient funds to meet any costs which may be incurred over and above any allocated spending money detailed in the prize.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winners to secure the necessary holiday, travel and health insurance cover.
- Radio Nova or Buskers Bar cannot be held responsible for damage or injury to competition winners or their property, nor can Radio Nova or Buskers Bar be held responsible for any documents, monies or personal item lost or stolen in the duration of any holiday element of their prize.
- Entrants to phone-in competitions must seek the permission of the bill-payer before calling.
- If, in the course of a telephone call, the telephone line is lost or breaks up, Radio Nova reserves the right to proceed to another caller.
- Where Radio Nova calls a winner live on air, and the winner does not answer their phone at that time, Radio Nova has the right to proceed to declare and contact another winner.
- For the “Dublin’s Best Busker” competition names of selected Buskers may be called out at random on air from 6am Monday 22nd August through to Midnight on Thursday 15th September 2011. Nominees/finalists will be chosen through a vetting process determined by a panel of judges.
- Radio Nova cannot guarantee that all nominees will be called on air.
- Premium Rate services will be clearly identified on air and call rates and duration of calls explained in detail. Competition mechanics will be clearly explained.
- For the “Dublin’s Best Busker” competition entrants must following all guidelines outlined on the Radio Nova and Buskers websites
- Prize-winners may be asked – but are not required – to participate in promotional activities surrounding the competition and in promotion of future competitions.
- In the event of a tie-break, entrants will be asked to participate in a secondary test of skill.
- Prizes will be described as accurately as possible on-air and where practicable visual examples will be made available via the station website.
- In general, entrants cannot win more than one prize, in any one competition. The exception to this rule will apply only where the mechanic of the competition dictates numerous entry elements or levels and whereby a prize can be won at each level of entry.
- Prizes designed specifically for “employees and the workplace” are limited to one prize per workplace.
- Radio Nova or Buskers Bar will keep prizes for 3 months, if they have not been collected within this time, winners must forfeit their prize.
- Radio Nova and Buskers Bar reserve the right to exclude any persons from competitions.
- All contestants indemnify Radio Nova and Buskers Bar against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prizes(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
‘Dublins Best Busker’ contestant T &C’s
- The Judges and/or the Station Director’s decision is final and legally binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants in “Dublin’s Best Busker” must not be signed to a record label or artist agency.
- “Dublin’s Best Busker” entrants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- By agreeing to be a contestant in ‘Dublin’s Best Busker’ you are agreeing to make yourself available at such times and in such locations as Radio Nova and Buskers Bar may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation rehearsals, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. You acknowledge that Radio Nova and Buskers Bar will have no liability to any artist/band if they are unable to attend or take part in the competition and may at any time disqualify any artist/band from the Competition at their sole discretion.
- Events may be filmed and/or recorded, bands/artists agree to the use of this material by Radio Nova or Buskers Bar for marketing and promotional purposes, including rights to reproduce and edit footage.
- The overall winning prize to the winning contestant or group ‘Dublins Best Busker’ is studio recording time and a paid performance once a month in Buskers Bar at times/dates to be agreed by both parties. These prizes are non-transferable for cash value or any other prize.
Code of Conduct
- Bands/artist and accompanying personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner at all times whilst on the event premises.
- Bands/artist and accompanying personnel are expected to cooperate with the event organisers , Radio Nova and Buskers Bar at all times, any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. ‘Event organisers’ and venue includes all staff i.e. management, Judges, sound engineers, stage crew, venue staff, bar staff and security staff. Offenders will be ejected from the premises and any damage incurred or injury inflicted met with maximum penalty or dealt with by the law accordingly.
- Breeches of the venue security and health & safety regulations will not be tolerated and may lead to disqualification.
- The event organisers reserve the right to disqualify any band/artist that is observed to be behaving in an uncompetitive or inappropriate manner. This also includes online etiquette and internet interaction with both Radio Nova and Buskers Bar websites and its patrons.
For Radio Nova Generic Contest Rules Click Here