At a loss for what to do this weekend? Want to go out but don’t know what’s on? Sure Nova has you covered! There’s music at Longitude Festival in Marlay Park, Fleet Foxes, a chicken wings festival in Bray and lots of Charity events!
Friday 14th July
- Fleet Foxes play a second night at The Iveagh Gardens tonight! One of the most influential American bands of the last decade. Tickets are €45. Doors are at 6.30pm.
- Longitude kicks off today in Marlay Park with G-Eazy, Stormzy & Picture This headlining. Also be sure to check out Mix & Fairbanks on the Redbull Stage! Find line-up times here!
Charity Race Night
- St John Ambulance Drogheda Division are holding a race night tonight in Garvey’s Bar, Scarlett Street, Drogheda. It kicks off at 8pm!
Saturday 15th July
- Longitude festival in Marley Park continues today. The Weeknd are headlining the festival, along with Mac Miller, Kaleo and Skepta.
The Mighty Wings Food Fest
- The Mighty Wings Food Fest returns today to Bray Sea Front with the mightiest, hottest, finger lickin’ chicken wings on the east coast. The fun begins at 10am daily and in addition to a weekend of great wings, they’ve got an awesome line-up which includes over 20 street food and craft markets, street theatre and live music.
Whole Lotta Rosaleen Music Festival
- The Whole Lotta Rosaleen Music Festival 2017 will be held this coming Saturday July 15th with live music from 1PM-LATE In The beer garden of the Old House pub in Kill, Co. Kildare. Last year, €9,000 was raised for Brain Tumor Ireland. Entry is FREE.
Sunday 16th July
- The last day of Longitude festival in Dublin’s Marlay Park takes place today. Be sure to catch Mumford & Sons and Glass Animals on the main stage and DJ Deece on The Redbull Stage at 17:45!
- Whelans Live: Rosborough and more to be announced. SUMMER WATCH 2017. FREE entry. This summer Whelan’s are continuing the crusade with 4 days of fresh new Irish talent in Whelan’s on 13th-16th July. They will play host to over 20 of the best and brightest emerging acts that we think you’ll be hearing a lot more about in the coming months.
- There is a charity motorbike ride in aid of ‘Living Life Counselling’ this Sunday meeting at Bridgewater in Arklow. The bike-ride will be travelling to Bray. Its is €10 to take part and an extra €5 if you are carrying a passenger. For more information contact [email protected]
The Comedy Crunch
- The Comedy Crunch takes place in The Stag’s Head pub tonight. Doors are at 8.15pm and the show starts at 9pm. FREE ENTRY & FREE ICE-CREAM!!
Whatever you end up doing with your weekend, we hope you have a good one! Don’t forget to tune into NOVA, bringing a diet of guitar-based music to Dublin, Kildare, Meath & Wicklow.
NOVA is available on Facebook, Twitter and on its website – www.nova.ie. It can be received on 100.3FM in the Greater Dublin area and can be received nationwide on its Smartphone apps and via the Irish Radio Player. More updates as we hear them.
Photo Credit: Veronica Rose