Caroline Flack and Lewis Burton seen at Sexy Fish restaurant in Mayfair on October 16, 2019 in London, England. (Photo by Ricky Vigil M/GC Images)

Flack Denies Boyfriend’s Assault As Police Report Reveals Pair ‘Covered in Blood’

News
0
677

Caroline Flack has denied assaulting her boyfriend, after police were called to her flat in London where they were both covered in blood.

Lewis Burton phoned officers earlier this month, to make an allegation against the former Love Island presenter.

The 40-year-old sobbed in the courtroom at Highbury Corner magistrates court in north London.

The judge released Flack on bail with conditions that stop her having any contact with her boyfriend, Lewis Burton, before a trial on March 4th at the same court.

Flack, who has stepped down as host of the winter series of the ITV2 dating show, is alleged to have hit Burton over the head with a lamp.

Prosecutor Katie Weiss said: “Mr Burton is a victim, he received significant injury to his head.”

“He said he had been asleep and was hit over the head by Caroline with a lamp, causing a visible cut to his head,” she said. “She had also smashed a glass and she had sustained an injury.”

Weiss said Burton called 999 and when officers arrived at the scene both were covered in blood.

Burton has spoken out in support of the presenter, claiming she has become the subject of a “witch-hunt” following her arrest. When the charge was put to Flack, she answered: “Not guilty.”

The court heard Flack was arrested and charged with assault by beating after police were called to her flat in Islington, north London, on the 12th of December.

She subsequently quit the next winter series of Love Island, which is set to be filmed in South Africa next month.

Flack was replaced as presenter by Wicklow woman Laura Whitmore, but the broadcaster left open the possibility of her returning.