It has recently been confirmed that the Foo Fighters will indeed be headlining Glastonbury, but it will be next year. Supposedly they have already been slotted in for next year’s festival, after they had to pull out of this year’s headline spot due to Dave Grohl’s injury.
After Dave Grohl fell off stage during a gig in Sweden earlier this month, they had to cancel the remainder of their tour. It was recently announced that Florence + The Machine will be taking their place as headliners for the Friday night spot.
After Foo Fighters were forced to pull out, organizer Emily Eavis said “I would love for them to come back sometime in the future”. Following on from this, it appears next year’s headline acts have already been booked, with this year’s festival just days away.
One of the three headline acts is supposedly the Foo Fighters according to The Sun, as a ‘source’ told them about the decision “Dave was beyond gutted about pulling out of Glastonbury, especially at such short notice. But Michael [Eavis] was quick to book him for next year as he’s desperate for the Foos to headline. He knows they’ll go down a storm at Glasto. Dave agreed within seconds.”
Photo Credit: callmekato