Gardaí are investigating reports of unverified images and videos broadcasting social messaging applications relating to the murder of Keane Mulready-Woods.
Gardaí said in a statement that the images “are distressing to Keane’s family and if verified, are disrespectful images of the deceased and provide false support for the perpetrators of this brutal crime”.
They ask people not to share the content if they come across it online.
Anyone with information on the origin of these documents is asked to contact Gardaí at Drogheda Garda station on 041 9874200, the confidential Garda line 1800 666 111, Crime Stoppers 1800 250 025 or any Garda station.
Meanwhile, gardaí expect to be able to conclude today if the remains found in a burnt-out car in Ballybough, Dublin yesterday are also those of Keane Mulready Woods.
He was murdered as part of the ongoing gang feud in Drogheda, where Gardaí cordoned off a house in Rathmullan Park. Partial remains belonging to the 17-year-old were discovered on Monday in Coolock.
Gardaí says they are ready for any retaliatory attack that may follow the murder. The 17-year-old was named Keane Mulready-Woods of Drogheda on Wednesday, missing since Sunday evening.
Detectives launched an investigation after parts of the human body were found in a sports bag in Coolook, north Dublin, on Monday.
Garda Deputy Commissioner John Twomey said, “A Garda Siochana is determined to bring to justice those responsible for this shocking crime.
“In recent years, An Garda Siochana has made significant progress in the fight against organized crime through arrests leading to convictions and major seizures of firearms, drugs and money.
“This goal will continue. As always, help and support from communities is essential to this. “
On Wednesday, partial body remains were discovered in a burnt out car at Trinity Terrace in Drumcondra.
Later, a house in Drogheda was cordoned off as part of the investigation.
The Rathmullen Park property has been declared a crime scene and is undergoing forensic examination.
Gardaí are investigating an online image and video reports regarding the murder of Keane Mulready-Woods
A Garda statement said on Wednesday that Forensic Science Ireland had confirmed that the partial human remains discovered at Coolock on January 13 were those of Keane Mulready-Woods.
“Keane is a 17-year-old minor, he disappeared on Sunday January 12 and parts of his remains have now been found,” the statement said.
“This is a brutal and savage attack on a child and is completely unacceptable in any normal democratic society.
“The level of violence is shocking and the investigation into Keane’s murder is being coordinated from Drogheda Garda station.
“It is important to remember that Keane was a child, a young boy, trying to find his way in life, he has now lost his life and his family has lost his beloved son and brother.”
The detectives have launched a call for information on the teenager’s latest known movements.
“Keane was last seen in Drogheda by her family around 6 p.m. on Sunday evening, January 12.
“At that time, Keane wore a Hugo Boss navy blue tracksuit, black Hugo Boss runners (brown sole, black laces), a red / orange Canada Goose jacket and a Gucci baseball cap.
“Around 9:55 p.m. on Monday January 13, Gardai answered a call to 999 that a bag containing human remains had been found at Moatview Drive, Priorswood, Dublin 17.
“A black Puma sports bag was recovered and contained partial human remains.
“Around 1:30 am Wednesday January 15, Gardai answered a call from Dublin firefighters declaring that a vehicle was on fire at Trinity Terrace, Dublin 3. Other partial human remains were found in this vehicle.
“A number of searches were carried out in the Drogheda region on January 14, a search site is still in progress at the moment.
“Incident rooms have been established at Drogheda, Coolock and Mountjoy Garda Station, the investigation being coordinated from Drogheda Garda Station.”