Cinemas are back open this Bank Holiday Monday and among the things you can now expect at the movies are:
- In-Cinema Seat Separation – 2 metre bubble around each cinema booking. Families and friends may sit beside each other up to a maximum of 5 guests.
- Online Ticketing and Shop – tickets may be purchased online and pre-ordering of cinema treats online, for collection, is encouraged.
- Limited capacity – maximum of 50 per screen, with social distancing also in place in foyers and toilets.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes – including screen protection at all customer touchpoints. Sanitisation stations in foyers
- Reduced showtimes – only one movie will start and end at a time to facilitate social distancing and extra cleaning.
“The re-opening of cinemas in Ireland, after nearly 6 months closed, is a seminal moment for cinema lovers. We’re delighted to start re-opening our doors with a selection of brand-new movies,” Mark Anderson, Director of Omniplex Cinemas commented.
Ireland is the highest cinema attending nation in Europe and at a time when escapism is needed here is a bit on some of the films on offer that I’ve seen and that you can see now too:
In PETER RABBIT 2, the lovable rogue is back and this time he’s adventuring out of the garden into a world where his mischief is appreciated … but risky! Peter Rabbit 2 is ★★★★★ family fun.
DREAM HORSE stars Tony Collete and tells incredible true story of Welsh racehorse Dream Alliance. This gets a warm and fuzzy ★★★★.
LAND is Robin Wright’s directorial debut about one woman’s search for meaning in the vast and harsh American wilderness. While it’s beautiful and probably meaningful, I didn’t think a lot of it so LAND gets ★★★.
Just went you thought it couldn’t be any scarier, A QUIET PLACE PART 2 is the fantastic and frightening follow up I’ve been hanging for. It’s simple the best movie to be back in a cinema for! I cant be quiet about how much I loved A QUIET PLACE PART 2, which gets ★★★★★ from me Clint Drieberg your man back at the movies on Radio Nova!