If you’re lucky enough to be heading to the sold-out Longitude in Marlay Park this weekend, you need to be aware of the new security rules.
The festival will see huge acts like Mumford & Sons, Picture This and The Weeknd take to the stage in Dublin’s Marlay Park. It’s sure to be a great weekend and here’s all the info you need to know if you’re attending!
Security at all gigs around the country has been significantly increased in the last few weeks. So here’s some info on what you can and can’t bring into the festival:
- Large bags and backpacks are not allowed into the festival. Small bags are allowed but these must not be bigger than an A4 page. Don’t take chances with this rule and think ‘ah it’ll be grand’, these new security rules are being taken very seriously and you won’t get away with bending them!
- All bags will be searched – if you want to avoid the long queues, don’t bring one!
- There will not be any cloakrooms or facilities for storage.
- Any item(s) that may be considered to be a weapon or may cause harm/ disruption to another person will be confiscated.
- Anyone under the age of 16 will not be allowed into the festival without an adult. ID will be checked by security.
- The festival has a strict NO ALCOHOL policy in place on all forms of public transport and private buses travelling to the event. You will not be allowed entry if you arrive intoxicated.
- Wristband exchange is only allowed for people holding 2/3 day tickets. Any wristbands that are removed from the wrist or are tampered with will not be replaced and will be deemed invalid.
- Single ticket holders cannot re-admit to the event.
Below is a list of the items banned from the festival:
- ‘Umbrellas’ – bring a hat and a rain poncho instead.
- ‘Selfie Sticks’ – just put the phone away completely lads.
- ‘Fold up chairs (Garden furniture) or shooting sticks’
- ‘Flares/ Fireworks’
- ‘Laser Pens’ – better kept at home for the cat.
- ‘Megaphone/air horns’.
- ‘Aerosols, spray cans’.
- ‘Smoke & gas canisters’.
- ‘Drones’ – Sorry Casey Neistat.
- ‘Nitrous oxide & any associated equipment’.
- ‘Chinese lanterns’.
- ‘Sound systems’ – We’re pretty sure there’ll be a good enough sound system there already.
- ‘Unofficial tabards/ reflective jackets’ – You can’t fool ‘em.
- ‘Illegal substances and legal highs’
- ‘Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event’
- ‘Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment or Go Pro’s’
- ‘Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL OR DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of up to 500ml of soft drinks in a sealed plastic bottle.’
- ‘Animals with the exception of guide dogs’
- ‘Excessive amounts of cigarettes’
We hope you have a brilliant & safe weekend and enjoy the music! For more information visit Longitude.ie
Photo Credit: Mark O’ Cúlar