Conor McGregor has been accused of failing to follow through on a charity donation commitment.
The Dubliner had promised to donate $500,000 (or around €420,000) to his fellow UFC rival Dustin Poirier’s Good Fight Foundation before their fight in January.
However, Poirier says McGregor’s team has been ‘ghosting‘ him ever since having not replied to any of his foundations follow up calls since then and no donation has been received.
Conor McGregor says he is waiting to see how the money would be spent by the nonprofit – which helps people in need in Louisiana.
A donation, not a debt. We’ve been awaiting the plans for the money that never came. I do with all my donations. Know where it’s going dot for dot. Otherwise it goes walking. As is the case with a lot of these foundations, sadly. You took the McG over the belt shows I was right.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 12, 2021