Minister for Justice Simon Harris is to meet with Garda Commissioner Drew Harris this week after a violent and unprovoked attack on a city centre site hosting asylum seekers.
Gardaí remain readied for further violent protests against asylum seekers amid fears the attack on the tented camp in Dublin on Friday will see their campaign ramped up.
The Irish Refugee Council has called for the asylum seekers in question to be protected after a migrant camp on Sandwith Street was pulled down and torched following a demonstration.
The public order unit, had been present for Friday’s protest against the encampment, while a counter-demonstration was also held.
A spokesperson for Simon Harris said: “Minister Harris has been briefed on the situation at Sandwith Street. He remains in contact with gardaí.
“The minister reiterated that every person has a right to be safe and that any protest can never extend to an attempt to intimidate or endanger anyone,” the spokesperson said.
Its feared the incident will bolster the movement with further protests planned which could turn violent.
Department of Equality officials are currently trying to secure accommodation for those who are forced to camp near the International Protection Office in the city centre.
Up to five sites for accommodation are due to come on stream over the next three or four weeks, including one in Dún Laoghaire and at least two others elsewhere in Dublin.