Today will start off dry. Rain will develop in the afternoon with southerly winds increasing fresh to strong and gusty. Highest temperatures of 16 to 19 degrees...
1. The Dail's heard calls for a Commission of Investigation to be set up into the death of Shane O'Farrell. The 23-year-old was killed in 2011 after being hit by a car driven by a man with a number of previous convictions who was out on bail from the courts. A report by GSOC found there was no illegal conduct or breach of procedures by Gardaí. The Justice Minister hasn't ruled out a further inquiry once GSOC completes its investigation.
2. State bodies are failing children according to their Ombudsman. A new report out today says children struggling with mental health problems and homelessness aren't getting the help they need. The Ombudsman for Children Dr Niall Muldoon claims State agencies are failing to put the best interests of children at the centre of their decisions.
3. Public water supplies were 99% compliant in 2017, meaning the water was safe to drink, according to the Environmental Protection Agency Drinking Water report. However, it's working to address the issue of chlorine by-products in drinking water through treatment upgrades.
4. Thousands of Irish Ferries customers have had their holiday plans thrown into chaos - after the company cancelled its sailings to France. 6,000 bookings in total have been affected, because the new WB Yeats ferry isn't ready to be delivered yet. Irish Ferries is trying to organise alternative travel options for customers.
5. Republic of Ireland manager Colin Bell says his squad will have learned from their failed World Cup qualifying campaign. Last night's 1-0 loss away to Norway ended any hopes Ireland had of progressing from qualifying Group 3. They'll complete their group duties against Northern Ireland at the end of August.
6. Donald Trump has hit back at Robert De Niro after the actor's four letter rant at the President at the Tony Awards. Mr Trump has tweeted to say he thinks the Raging Bull star is "punch-drunk", has a very low IQ and that he may have taken too many hits from real boxers in his movies. He also pointed out high employment figures and told him to "wake up punchy".