Patient Dies After Hospital Bed Catches Fire On Christmas Eve

David Layde
0
1089
  • 27
    Shares

A cancer patient has sadly died after a fire at a ward in a Dublin hospital on Christmas Eve. The elderly man who was in his 80s, died as a result of the injuries he received in the fire at St Luke’s Hospital in Rathgar.

A number of other patients received treatment following the incident. The independent reports that the fire may have been started by a cigarette. An investigation has now been launched by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA).

A Garda spokeswoman confirmed that the fire occurred at around 5.30am on Monday morning and the scene has been preserved for a technical examination.

Advertisement

Image: Google Maps

Don’t forget you can keep up-to-date on all things Nova over on our Instagram page – follow us for all the craziness of radio life coupled with news, sports and LOTS of cool competitions! Click here…