Radio NOVA’s annual ‘Help Our Homeless Radiothon’, which is now in its sixth year, will again take over Nova this Friday 28th and Saturday 29th of February.
The two-day event will see celebrities from across the entertainment, music and political spectrum lend their support live on-air. All funds raised will be donated to Focus Ireland and will be used by to fund projects like the new Focus Ireland Family Centre, as well as Focus Ireland’s other 80 services nationwide which help people currently experiencing homelessness or at risk.
Radio NOVA’s annual ‘Help Our Homeless Radiothon’ will be a bit different as it’s the first time we broadcast on a Saturday. 7am – 10am Liam Quigley will kick off proceedings from Radio Nova HQ. Then from 10am – 1pm Colm and Lucy are ‘Live’ from Liffey Valley Shopping Centre with Phil Cawley, Dee Woods and Marty Miller 1pm- 5pm. Pat Courtenay will then presents the ‘Finale’ live 5pm-7pm from Radio Nova HQ.
This year, a team of staff volunteers from Focus Ireland, Bord Gáis Energy, Google and others will take calls from listeners at the station’s HQ in the Dublin Docklands, with a special Radiothon Call Centre set up at Radio NOVA for the two-day event.
It’s all about raising much needed funds for Focus Ireland and there are now 5 ways to donate…
- The old reliable phone donation on 01 8652121. Our phone team will be in place from 7am Friday morning until 7pm Saturday evening.
- This year you can also text “NOVA” to 50300 to donate €4 to Focus Ireland. (100% of text cost goes to Focus Ireland across most network providers. Some providers apply VAT which means Focus Ireland will receive a minimum €3.25 Service Provider: LIKECHARITY)
- Go to Homelessradiothon.ie and donate On Line.
- Check out the Radio Nova facebook page and click the Donate button.
- It’s not too late to become a Friend of Radio Nova. Get your school, club, pub, office or whatever to arrange an event and raise much needed funds for Focus Ireland.
Radio NOVA CEO Kevin Branigan said, “We’re getting ready, once again, to turn our airwaves over for two days to raise funds to help fight homelessness in the Greater Dublin area. Our listeners show great compassion time and time again and support the great work being carried out in this area by Focus Ireland. Sadly, the homeless crisis has further deepened in the last year and we’re now, once again, asking for the help of our listeners. Via our on-air Homeless Radiothon and the efforts of our clients and listeners with the ‘Friends of Radio Nova’ initiative, we hope, once again, to raise vital funds for Focus Ireland.”
Focus Ireland CEO, Pat Dennigan said, “We’re delighted to have been selected as Radio Nova’s charity partner again for this year’s ‘Help Our Homeless Radiothon’. In Ireland, a shocking 3 families are made homeless every single day but we have managed to help over 1,200 families to secure a home in the last two years and move on from being homeless, because of generous public support from initiatives like Radio Nova’s Radiothon. The support of Radio Nova and their listeners’ will help us to continue our work of getting people out of homelessness and into a safe and secure home of their own, and at the same time to help stop people becoming homeless in the first place.”