Over 20 thousand Dubliners have contacted the National Transport Authority over the Bus Connects plan.
The proposed changes are supposed to improve the Dublin bus network, but many residents feel that it will have the opposite effect.
Residents from suburbs both north and south came to the NTA’s Headquarters today to object the plans.
The NTA had hoped its plans would make the network more efficient but some opposers say it means they would have to get two buses into the city instead of one.
There is hope for a rework of Bus Connects though, with the transport authority seemingly being more open to taking a second look.
This afternoon, the National Transport Authority is being handed petitions by groups opposed to the plan.
Dublin City Councillor Mícheál MacDonncha says the authority has agreed to take suggestions on board.
“Initially they said that any changes would only be very minimal changes if any, so it’s good to see there will be changes – but they need to be fundamental changes”, he said.
With fellow public reps and commuity activists today at the National Transport Authority @TFIupdates HQ as part of a bigger delegation that brought petitions from all over Dublin objecting to large aspectgs of the #busconnects proposal pic.twitter.com/kOdrb1TDLd
— Cllr Michael O'Brien (@cllrmobrien) September 28, 2018
Lodged my #BusConnects submission today as have over 20,000 other concerned people over the last month or so.
People Before Profit has always championed accessible, affordable, high frequency… https://t.co/eboJsa64pc
— Cllr. John Lyons (@JohnLyonsPBPA) September 28, 2018
Today @ 5pm is the deadline to make a submission to the National Transport Authority in relation the the @BusConnects proposals. If these proposed changes impact you and you haven’t made a submission, you can do so by emailing: [email protected]@fiannafailparty pic.twitter.com/UfgVT906Im
— John Lahart TD (@JohnLahart) September 28, 2018