Tom Morello has teamed up with Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder to release a cover of AC/DC’s “Highway To Hell”. Check it out below.
Morello had already announced the release of his new solo album “The Atlas Underground Fire”. This is the follow up to his 2018 album “The Atlas Underground”.
Along with Vedder and Spingsteen, the album also features a number of other collaborators. These include Damien Marley, Bring Me The Horizon, Sama’ Aabdulhadi and Mike Posner.
This new album will be released on October 15 via Mom + Pop Music. It was recorded during the pandemic.
“During lockdown I had no access to an engineer so I had to record all of the guitar parts on the voice memo of my phone. This seemed like an outrageous idea but it lead to a freedom in creativity in that I could not overthink any of the guitar parts and just had to trust my instincts”, Morello said.
“This record was a life raft in a difficult time that allowed me to find new ways of creating new global artistic connections that helped transform a time of fear and anxiety into one of musical expression and rocking jams”.
“Legendary song into the future”
Speaking about the cover, Morello said, “Our version of ‘Highway To Hell’ pays homage to AC/DC but with Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder, bringing this legendary song into the future”.
He also added, “One of the greatest rock ’n’ roll songs of all time sung by two of the greatest rock ’n’ roll singers of all time. And then I drop a shredding guitar solo. Thank you and good night”.
Check it out for yourselves.
Tracklist for Morello’s album The Atlas Underground Fire
- Harlem Hellfighter
- Highway to Hell (featuring Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder)
- Let’s Get The Party Started (featuring Bring Me The Horizon)
- Driving to Texas (featuring Phantogram)
- The War Inside (featuring Chris Stapleton)
- Hold The Line (featuring grandson)
- Naraka (featuring Mike Posner)
- The Achilles List (featuring Damian Marley)
- Night Witch (featuring phem)
- Charmed I’m Sure (featuring Protohype)
- Save Our Souls (featuring Dennis Lyxzén of Refused)
- On The Shore Of Eternity (featuring Sama’ Abdulhadi)