Vampire Weekend have confirmed their return to Ireland with a show at The Summer Series at Trinity College.
The band will take to the stage on Monday, July 1st, in addition to the likes of Paul Weller, Janelle Monae and New Order who will all perform on different dates that month.
In January Vampire Weekend released the songs “Harmony Hall” and “2021″ from their upcoming fourth album, Father of the Bride, to an ecstatic critical reaction including:
Father of the Bride will be released spring 2019 on Columbia Records.
The band’s eponymous debut album has been certified Platinum by the RIAA for U.S. sales in excess of 1,000,000.
Vampire Weekend was released January 29th, 2008 by XL, and debuted at #17 on the Billboard Top 200 charts. In addition to being newly certified Platinum in the U.S., the album has previously been certified Platinum by the BPI in the UK, and Gold by Music Canada and ARIA in Australia.
The accolades continued, as Vampire Weekend appeared on 2008 Top 10 lists of Time, NPR, Rolling Stone, New York Magazine, Pitchfork and countless others, as well as winning the NME award for “Best New American Indie/Alternative Band.”
The band also made its first of three appearances on Saturday Night Live, as well as debut performances on The Late Show with David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
Since their debut, Vampire Weekend have released two additional albums, both of which debuted at #1 and have been certified Gold in the U.S.: 2010’s GRAMMY-nominated Contra, and 2013’s Modern Vampires of the City, which won that year’s GRAMMY for Best Alternative Album.
- “Sprawls out with lush symphonies, communal vibes aplenty”—Billboard
- “The first new song from the band since 2013 was worth the wait. Symphonic pop worthy of Paul Simon or Beck” – The Guardian
- “A simmering powerhouse’ – The Times
- “Wraps misgivings in three-chord elation”—The New York Times (Playlist lead)
- “Buoyant, filled with the kind of sunlit energy created when throwing open the shutters.”–Pitchfork
- “A swooning tune packed with kind vibes”–Rolling Stone
- “A vibrant romp that seamlessly blends folksy fingerstyle guitar, ’90s rave music, a gospel choir, baroque piano, and the Grateful Dead… it’s absolutely delightful” -Stereogum
Tickets for Vampire Weekend go on sale Friday, February 15th at 9 am.