Calling all Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and DC fans alike: the ultimate DC fan experience is coming and the best part is you won’t even have to leave your couch to enjoy it.
DC and Warner Bros. have announced DC FanDome, a 24-hour global digital fan event that will kick off at 5pm Dublin time Friday, August 22 and last for 24 hours, entirely online.
According to the official DC FanDome announcement, “the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favourite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman , The Batman, Batwoman , Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer , Pennyworth , SHAZAM! , The Suicide Squad, Supergirl , Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans , Watchmen , Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theatres worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984”.
DC FanDome will last 24-hours and be broadcast in 10 languages including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazil Portuguese, Korean, Japanese and Chinese. With special presentations to engage fans in every time zone across the globe, you’ll have the opportunity to have an experience that’s all your own with access to localized events as well.
The epicentre of the DC FanDome will be the “Hall of Heroes”, where you can experience special programming, panels and content reveals from a wide variety of films, TV series and games. Other content will then be housed in special digital areas including:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators andbehind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world, where the FANS are the stars, to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centrepiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products, and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
Ann Sarnoff, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Warner Bros., said “There is no fan like a DC fan. For more than 85 years, the world has turned to DC’s inspiring heroes and stories to lift us up and entertain us, and this massive, immersive digital event will give everyone new ways to personalize their journey through the DC Universe without lines, without tickets and without boundaries. With DC FanDome, we’re able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favourite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen.”