Fumbally Café in Dublin is the place to head for the Best Brunch in the country!
Roscommon’s Castlemine Farm is literally bringing home the bacon taking out the prestigious Best Bacon award for 2019, while Longueville House, Co Cork, is the place to find Ireland’s best bread.
Francis Brennan would be delighted with Park Hotel Kenmare’s win for the best Irish breakfast in a five star hotel, along with Wineport Lodge in Athlone who won the Guest House category.
From five star hotels to B&Bs and from cafés to country houses, the winners of the 2019 Georgina Campbell Irish Breakfast Awards in association with Fáilte Ireland were announced today.
Now in their third year, the Irish Breakfast Awards celebrate Ireland’s leading hospitality establishments and the people who strive to make the first meal of the day a particularly special experience for visitors and regulars alike.
According to Georgina Campbell, one of Ireland’s foremost food and hospitality writers, the significance of the humble breakfast cannot be underestimated, and it is as important to Ireland’s reputation in food and tourism as a world-class hotel or a fine dining restaurant.
“A great Irish breakfast starts with the raw materials and as part of these awards, we identify exceptional Irish breakfast food producers who help chefs turn a good breakfast into an outstanding one,”
The Georgina Campbell Irish Breakfast Awards in association with Fáilte Ireland took place at the InterContinental Dublin, with special guest and previous Irish Breakfast award-winner, Neven Maguire of MacNean House and Restaurant.
THE 2019 IRISH BREAKFAST FOOD AWARD WINNERS ARE:
Meats: Castlemine Farm, Co Roscommon
Fish: Woodcock Smokery, Co Cork
Eggs: Clonarn Clover, Co Meath
Dairy: Glenisk Organic Dairy, Co Offaly
Cereal: Paddy O’s Granola, Co Laois
Fruit: Keeling Juices, Co Dublin
The Irish Bread Award went to Longueville House, Mallow, Co Cork.
GEORGINA CAMPBELL IRISH BREAKFAST AWARDS 2019 IN ASSOCIATION WITH FÁILTE IRELAND FULL LIST OF WINNERS AND HIGHLY COMMENDED WINNERS
Winner: Park Hotel Kenmare, Kenmare, Co Kerry
- Highly Commended: Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore, Co Waterford
- Highly Commended: The Merchant Hotel, Belfast
- Highly Commended: The Westbury Hotel, Dublin
- Highly Commended: The Heritage Killenard, Killenard, Co Laois
Winner: Marlfield House Hotel, Gorey, Co Wexford
- Highly Commended: Dunraven Arms, Adare, Co Limerick
- Highly Commended: Granville Hotel, Waterford
- Highly Commended: Bushmills Inn, Bushmills, Co Antrim
- Highly Commended: Sheedy’s Hotel, Lisdoonvarna, Co Clare
Winner: Dingle Benners Hotel, Dingle, Co Kerry
- Highly Commended: The Huntsman Inn, Galway, Co Galway
- Highly Commended: Aran Islands Hotel, Inis Mór, Co Galway
- Highly Commended: Carrygerry Country House, Newmarket-on-Fergus, Co Clare
- Highly Commended: Zuni Restaurant & Boutique Hotel, Kilkenny
Winner: Virginia Park Lodge, Virginia, Cavan
- Highly Commended: Rathsallagh House, Dunlavin, Co Wicklow
- Highly Commended: Rosleague Manor, Letterfrack, Co Galway
- Highly Commended: Dunnanelly Country House, Co Down
- Highly Commended: Lodge at Ashford Castle, Co Mayo
Winner: Wineport Lodge, Glasson, Athlone, Co Westmeath
- Highly Commended: Castlewood House, Dingle, Co Kerry
- Highly Commended: Killarney Lodge, Killarney, Co Kerry
- Highly Commended: Gleesons Townhouse, Roscommon, Co Roscommon
- Highly Commended: Blackwell House, Scarva, Co Armagh
Winner: Bantry House and Garden, Bantry, Co Cork
- Highly Commended: Shelburne Lodge, Kenmare, Co Kerry
- Highly Commended: Aldridge Lodge, Duncannon, Co Wexford
- Highly Commended: Ardawn House, Galway, Co Galway
- Highly Commended: Ghan House, Carlingford, Co Louth
Winner: Hook Lighthouse – Visitor Centre Café, Hook Head, Co Wexford
- Highly Commended: The Castle Café, Blackrock Castle, Cork
- Highly Commended: [email protected], Carlow, Co Carlow
- Highly Commended: The Kitchen, Galway City Museum, Galway
- Highly Commended: Avoca Café, Malahide Castle, Malahide, Co Dublin
IRISH BREAKFAST MENU – NEW FOR 2019
Winner: Breac.House, Dunfanaghy, Co Donegal
- Highly Commended: Ravenhill Guest House, Belfast
- Highly Commended: King Sitric Restaurant& Accommodation, Howth, Co Dublin
- Highly Commended: Coolanowle Country House & Organic Farm, Co Carlow
- Highly Commended: Viewmount House, Longford, Co Longford
BRUNCH SPONSORED BY IRISH DAIRY THE COMPLETE NATURAL
Winner: The Fumbally, Fumbally Lane, Dublin City, Co Dublin
- Highly Commended: Nook Café & Restaurant, Collooney, Co Sligo
- Highly Commended: The Green Barn, Burtown House, Co Kildare
- Highly Commended: House of Plates, Castlebar, Co Mayo
- Highly Commended: Brunel’s Restaurant Newcastle Co Down