Radio Nova’s ‘The Nova Noise’ Competition
Terms and Conditions – March 2021
The following stipulates Terms and Conditions of entry for The Nova Noise Competition featured on Classic Rock Broadcasting Ltd t/a Radio Nova, Ireland.
By entering this competition, entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with Radio Nova’s General Terms and Conditions. Where there is any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. These Terms and Conditions are available at www.nova.ie or from Radio Nova, Castleforbes House, Castleforbes Road, Dublin 1, Ireland.
Radio Nova provides The Nova Noise competition as a feature on the radio station at a duration that is entirely at its own discretion.
- Method of Entry
All entrants acknowledge that Radio Nova can rely on this clause at any time, even if Radio Nova only learns of a person’s ineligibility after Radio Nova has nominated the person as the winner or awarded the prize. Return of the prize or payment of its value to Radio Nova can be required by Radio Nova if this occurs.a. Entry is open to permanent residents of Ireland.
b. Entrants are permitted to participate in other Radio Nova competitions during this promotion
c. Entry into Radio Nova’s Nova Noise competition is free other than any data usage charges that may apply.Any entry to this competition is deemed invalid and disqualified if:a. A person who is an employee, officer, servant, volunteer or contractor of Classic Rock Broadcasting Ltd or any of its associated companies or its related bodies corporate or associates or any of its agencies involved with this competition;
b. The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of a person referred to in paragraph (a) above;
c. A person who has used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by Classic Rock Broadcasting Ltd or any associated company;
d. A person who refuses to comply with or breaches any terms of these terms and conditions or the General Competition Entry Rules.
e. A person that has won a Radio Nova prize to the value of $5,000.00 or more in the last 12 months.Radio Nova reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to also disqualify any person/s for:a. Tampering with the entry process, including exceeding any limitation on the number of entries, or any other process as determined by Radio Nova that in any way affects the fairness of the promotion, including fraudulent information;
b. Tampering with the operation of the competition, the company’s phone lines, technology or web site;
c. Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner;
d. If an entrant selected as a winner is found to be in breach of any term or condition of entry.
- At Radio Nova’s sole discretion during the competition period; The Nova Noise will be broadcast by Radio Nova whereby listeners will need to then call 01 440 4100 upon hearing the “noise” and/or cue to call. A specific number of callers, as decided by Radio Nova, will be put to air for a guess at the noise.
- Such callers will be selected at random by the Show Producer/Announcer; such selection will be entirely at the sole discretion of Radio Nova.
- Each time The Noise Noise is played, a judge appointed by Radio Nova will be present in the Radio Nova studios to stipulate whether the guess is correct or incorrect.
- In order to win, the entrant must clearly identify the object and the action its making which is creating the noise and correctly guess correct sequence of object/action that has correctly generated the noise.
- One winner will be awarded once the Nova Noise has been revealed on-air.
- In the event that the Nova Noise has been revealed, Radio Nova may start a new noise contest, at its discretion.
- In the event that a winner is disqualified, General Competition Entry Rules will apply and a new winner may be selected and in the event that the entrant in breach has been awarded a prize, the entrant may be required to return the prize or reimburse the value of the prize to Radio Nova
- The decision of Radio Nova will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- The Prize
- Each time a competition entrant guesses incorrectly, a new prize amount may be added to the prize fund.
- The value of the prize fund will be clearly identified regularly on Radio Nova.
- All additional costs incurred will be at the expense of the winner, including travel expenses to and from the Radio Nova offices and any other expenses not outlined in the inclusions, including other related expenses – unless by exception as determined by Radio Nova.
- The prize is not transferable and can only be redeemed by the winner as chosen by Radio Nova.
- The Prize winner must collect their prize from Radio Nova, Castleforbes House, Castleforbes Road, Dublin 1, Ireland within 14 days of the prize being won unless by exception as determined by Radio Nova. If the prize is not collected within this timeframe, the prize may be forfeited. Radio Nova accepts no responsibility should the winner fail to collect or redeem their prize prior to the expiry date indicated on the prize won.
- The prize winner may be required to produce proper and valid photo identification which will be recorded for security purposes only.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Radio Nova will notify the winner by phone.
In the event a winner chooses not to accept the prize, they forfeit any and all claims to the prize which will then be transferred to Radio Nova. The unclaimed prize [which may be of a lesser value] may then be readvertised in a new on-air contest, at the sole discretion of Radio Nova.
The prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the winner and Radio Nova excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law. Radio Nova, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resultant of any ‘on’ or ‘off’ air competition staged by the station.Radio Nova accepts no responsibility for the winner to take time off work or school in order to collect the nominated prize from Radio Nova.A person who enters a competition releases from and indemnifies Radio Nova from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in any competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission, or otherwise, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.The winner will be required to sign and return any liability release provided by Radio Nova and/or its contractors as a condition of the prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and the prize will be returned back to Radio Nova to then be given away as they see fit.Once in the possession of the winner, should the prize(s) be lost, stolen or misplaced, Radio Nova will not replace the prize(s) and is not liable or responsible for the lost, stolen, or misplaced prize(s). The winner is solely responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s) and any additional costs are not the responsibility of Radio Nova or its affiliates.
Radio Nova may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such termination, Radio Nova may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.Radio Nova assumes no responsibility for any error, defect, delay, theft or unauthorised access to or altering of entries. Subject to any written directions given under the applicable law, if for any reason, the competition is not capable of operating as planned, including infection by computer viruses, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of Radio Nova which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition, then Radio Nova reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
- Technical Failure
Radio Nova is not responsible for lost, interrupted communications or unavailable network server or other connections, failed telephone, mid delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Copyright and ownership of Entries
Competition entries and material submitted in connection with any competition.
- (Whether written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of competitors are assigned to Radio Nova upon submission and become the property of Radio Nova which may use the material in any medium in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material remains the sole property of Radio Nova.
- All such entries and material remain the property of Radio Nova (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement).
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Radio Nova has the right to publicise and/or broadcast his/her name, character, likeness, voice, or all matters incidental herein.
- Radio Nova may record and use the Personal Information for its own marketing, planning, product development, promotional, broadcasting and research purposes, including but not limited to using the winner’s name, suburb of residence, likeness and a recording of the winner’s voice for advertising and promotional purposes.
- Photographic material and images of the winners may be used in a variety of promotional material for Radio Nova.
- The decision of Radio Nova relating to any matter is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to a decision.
- The promoter is Classic Rock Broadcasting Ltd trading as Radio Nova of Castleforbes House, Castleforbes Road, Dublin 1, Ireland.