Dave Grohl and his bandmates haven’t played Ireland since they headlined Slane back in 2015, so there are many excited about one of the world’s biggest rock bands playing the RDS tonight.
At their gig on Monday night in Belfast the rockstars invited Taylor Blackburn on stage after spotting the boy’s fan sign in the crowd that made reference to the fact he shared a name with the band’s drummer Taylor Hawkins.
5 year old Blackburn rocked out to the hit “All My Life”, wearing a pair of ear defenders, to a crowd of 35,000 fans who watched him perform with Grohl encouraging him to, ‘show them how to dance’.
Taylor’s mum Nikki told Belfast Live she and husband Daniel are so proud of their son.
Meanwhile, if you’re lucky enough to be heading along to the RDS tonight you should download EVNTZAPP from www.evntz.app which will assist you with planning on getting to and from the concert,
This handy app provides you with the relevant FAQ information, enable you to ask queries or provide feedback directly to the events team on the day to ensure you have an enjoyable experience and will provide you with important transport information.
And if you’re too lazy for that…Click here for everything you need to know or read below…
PLEASE NOTE EARLIER THAN USUAL ON-STAGE TIME & GATE OPENING TIMES
- DOORS 17.30
- HOT MILK 17.45
- FRANK CARTER & THE RATTLESNAKES 18.45
- IMPORTANT: FOO FIGHTERS ONSTAGE 20.00
PLEASE NOTE TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. DUE TO INCREASED SECURITY MEASURES PATRONS ARE ADVISED TO BE AT THE VENUE IN SUFFICIENT TIME.
IMPORTANT: NO QUEUING ALLOWED PRIOR TO GATES OPENING – no overnight / early queuing allowed before the concerts.
YOUR SAFETY – IMPORTANT: Searching is a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of others. Strict security checks will be in operation. Due to increased security measures we strongly advise you allow sufficient time to get through security checks to gain entry to the venue in a safe and timely manner.
- A4 sized bags or smaller. Patrons are especially advised not to bring backpacks or large handbags as you may be refused entry or experience delays on entry. See www.mcd.ie for full details.
- There is NO cloakroom service available.
- Glass or cans, umbrellas, alcohol, garden furniture, selfie sticks, food or drink will not be permitted. (Full list of prohibited items on www.mcd.ie)
- No professional cameras or cameras with a detachable lens, video cameras & audio recording devices, iPads or GoPros.
- This is an outdoor event and concert will take place rain or shine. Please check weather conditions and dress appropriately, but remember no umbrellas.
- The Promoter deems that large outdoor concerts are not a suitable environment for all children under 5 years old unless otherwise stated. We have no measures in place to facilitate babies and small children on site.
- There is no re-admission to the concert.
- The Promoters and An Garda Síochána reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone under the influence of alcohol.
- Please contact MCD Productions in advance via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other general queries or have any accessible requests including; access, toilets, dietary requirement etc. Please ensure that you have brought attention to this prior to attending the event to allow MCD the opportunity to assist you with having a more enjoyable day at the event.
- If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback in relation to the event please contact a steward promptly and request directions to the nearest Customer Care / Ticket information point.
THE RDS IS SITUATED IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA. WE WOULD APPEAL TO ALL FANS TO RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY BY NOT LITTERING, NOT ENGAGING IN ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY.
- RED ROUTE: Pitch 1, Anglesea Stand Blocks C- E, Grandstand Blocks F – J. Enter via Simmonscourt Road
- YELLOW ROUTE: Pitch 2, Accessible Tickets. Enter via Merrion Road
- BLUE ROUTE: Pitch 2, Anglesea Stand Blocks A- C, Grandstand Blocks K – N. Enter via Anglesea Road
We encourage all fans to walk, bike, or use public transport to the show. If you must drive, please carpool. Allow at least an extra 2 hours travel time to and from the venue.
- As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport. Bus: www.dublinbus.ie or Dart: www.irishrail.ie
- DUBLIN BUS: If traveLling by Dublin Bus to the event it is strongly advised that you get off at the following stops:
Stop 415 – Pembroke Road, opposite the US Embassy.
(Routes serving this stop are 120, 18, 4, 7 and 7a).
Stop 483 – Outside 90 Merrion Road, opposite the British Embassy.
- COACHES: There will be coach parking available in Simmonscourt. As coach parking space is limited, MCD must be contacted in advance. Book via email: email@example.com.
- Please use city centre car parks and car pool.
- Download evntzapp.ie for all the latest transport information.
- Plan your route in advance and check The AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic on your route: www.theaa.ie/roadwatch/newsroom. An Garda Siochana Traffic management plan in operation: www.garda.ie
- Under 14s are NOT allowed on the pitch standing area either accompanied or unaccompanied.
- All Under 16s attending the concert MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
- Guardians must remain with under 16s and take full responsibility for them throughout the event.
Strict age monitoring will be in place at all entrances. The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission without refund to anyone who fails to comply. Should you have any queries regarding the age policies or require any assistance please email the promoter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CREDIT CARD COLLECTIONS / GUEST LIST
RDS Main Hall off Merrion Road (See map for location).
Please note that Accessible Parking MUST be booked in advance of the event. For accessibility parking and for any other accessible requests or queries please contact the promoter in advance of the concert: email@example.com.