There has been an additional 744 Covid-19 cases – the second lowest in a single day this year.
A further 33 deaths have also been recorded. 31 of these deaths occurred in February and 2 in January.
The median age of those who died was 81 years and the age range was 42-105 years.
There has been a total of 3,980 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. There is now a total of 211,113 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 373 are male/ 366 are female
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 301 in Dublin, 77 in Galway, 37 in Waterford, 36 in Offaly, 32 in Kildare and the remaining 261 cases are spread across all other counties.
As of 8am today, 861 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 159 are in ICU. 51 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of 13th February, 268,551 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 176,926 people have received their first dose
- 91,625 people have received their second dose