Image: Wicklow Fire Service

Man Dies After Fire In Apartment In Cavan

David Layde
0
52

A 40-year-old man has died following a fire in Cavan Town last night.

The alarm was raised shortly before 8 o clock when smoke was noticed coming from an apartment building off Main Street, Cavan Town.

Fire services attended at the scene and two adults and a child were rescued from the building. They were taken to Cavan General Hospital where they were treated for smoke inhalation but their conditions are not serious.

Advertisement

The fire was brought under control and the body of the man was discovered in one of the apartments.

It’s understood two firemen were also treated for minor injuries following the incident.

Gardai are not treating the fire as suspicious.

The scene has been preserved for a technical examination and Gardai are appealing for anyone with any information to contact them