radio nova logo
radio nova logo

Noel Gallagher Responds To Rich List Appearance & Says He 'Still Hasn't Seen' Upcoming Oasis Doc

By Dalton Mac Namee
18/05/2026
Est. Reading: 2 minutes

Loading

Loading

Noel Gallagher has responded to being named in The Sunday Times' Rich List, and revealed that he "still hasn't seen" the new Oasis documentary.

This comes after Noel Gallagher was named along with his brother Liam among the 350 richest people in Britain for the first time, following their long awaited reunion world tour last year.

It also comes after it was previously confirmed that a new documentary on Oasis was to arrive later this year.

Created by Steven Knight, this documentary will be directed by Will Lovelace and Dylan Southern, looking at the band's famous  reunion tour, which saw brothers Noel and Liam Gallagher return to the stage with Oasis for the first time since the band's acrimonious split in 2009.

It will also include rehearsal, backstage and onstage access as well as the first joint interviews with Noel and Liam in over 25 years. More on this from Nova here.

"I haven't got that much money"

However, in a recent interview, Noel Gallagher joked that he was more excited about making the annual rich list, than the new Oasis documentary, which he said he has not seen yet.

“I’m more excited to be in the Rich List this morning, let me tell you that,” he replied, before sharing that the exact figure reported by Sunday Times isn’t quite accurate. “I was lying in bed this morning thinking, I better call my accountant because I know for a fact that I haven’t got that much money". 

Regarding the Oasis documentary, Noel Gallagher said: “I’m more excited to be in the Rich List this morning, let me tell you that,” he replied.

He then went on to claim that the exact figure reported by Sunday Times isn’t quite kosher. “I was lying in bed this morning thinking, I better call my accountant because I know for a fact that I haven’t got that much money". 

“It’ll be out September 11th, I believe, and I can’t wait to see it, because I can’t really remember that much about the tour because it was such a whirlwind,” he concluded, also adding that he is involved in the soundtrack and currently “mixing the sound for it now at my studio". 

The new documentary is to drop on Disney+ on September 11.

Speaking previously about it, creator Steven Knight had said: “I genuinely cannot wait for the world to see this film. I believe it captures the spirit and emotion of a global cultural moment and does justice to the wit and genius of two exceptional people. I wanted to tell the story of the brothers and the band, but just as important, the story of the fans whose lives the music has touched and sometimes changed forever. It is also the story of how music and songwriting can unite generations, cultures, countries and in a time of spite and division, give us all some reason to hope". 

Written by Dalton Mac Namee

Dalton Mac Namee is a content writer for Nova.ie and a freelance GAA reporter from Louth, Ireland.

Share it with the world...

Tune in to our newsletter and never miss a beat!

Similar News

Copyright © 2026 All Rights Reserved Proudly Designed by Wikid
crosschevron-down