U2’s ‘All That You Can’t Leave Behind’ is re-issued today to celebrate its 20 year anniversary.
All That You Can’t Leave Behind was the tenth studio album from U2. Released in October 2000, the original 11-track record included the hit singles ‘Beautiful Day’, ‘Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of’, ‘Elevation’ and ‘Walk On’ and went to Number 1 in 32 countries around the world.
Produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno and recorded in Dublin and France, All That You Can’t Leave Behind won 7 Grammy Awards, including Best Rock Album, and is the only album in history to have multiple tracks win the award for Record Of The Year (‘Beautiful Day’ in 2001 and ‘Walk On’ in 2002).
The 20th Anniversary multi-format anniversary edition reissue of U2’s global smash hit album All That You Can’t Leave Behind – featuring a brand new 12-track remaster of the record and a 51-track Super Deluxe box set – is out now and includes an additional track ‘The Ground Beneath Her Feet’ in all formats of the reissue.
To start the anniversary party tonight’s Friday Night Live gig on Radio Nova at 10pm is ‘Live In Boston’ – the concert recording capturing the band’s June 2001 Elevation Tour performance – will be also be available on demand here for 48 hours throughout the weekend.
And just by listening to Radio Nova all this weekend you could win the Limited Edition Super Deluxe Vinyl Box Set of “ALL THAT YOU CAN’T LEAVE BEHIND” featuring 11 pieces of 12” black 180g vinyl featuring remastered, live, rare and unreleased recordings AND a “PRO-JECT Primary E Turntable”, together worth over €400!!!!
It’s also 20 years since U2 brought Dublin traffic to standstill when they released their 12 million selling album ‘All That You Can’t Leave Behind’ an album which spawned massive hits around the world – Beautiful Day, Walk On, Stuck in a Moment plus Elevation to name but a few.
As the band arrived at the Clarence Hotel to perform their hit single ‘Beautiful Day’ for Top Of The Pops, Dubliners turned out in their thousands, lining the quays and the rooftops to catch a glimpse. The below link contains behind the scenes footage and the Clarence Hotel roof top performance.
Super Deluxe Box Set highlights include:
* a 32-page hardback book from longtime friend and collaborator Anton Corbijn featuring many previously unseen images of the band along with hand-written notes by Anton, plus a double-sided poster.
* 39 additional bonus tracks, including remastered B-sides (‘Summer Rain’, ‘Always’, ‘Big Girls Are Best’, ‘Don’t Take Your Guns To Town’).
* out-takes from the album sessions (‘Levitate’, ‘Love You Like Mad’, ‘Flower Child’), as well as the track ‘Stateless’ which featured on The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack; plus an acoustic version of ‘Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of’.
* the complete 19-track live audio of the band’s Elevation Tour performance, recorded at the Fleet Center, Boston, Massachusetts in June 2001. The set includes 7 tracks from All That You Can’t Leave Behind.
* a collection of 11 remixes which features four previously unheard versions recently unearthed in the band’s Dublin archives: ‘Walk On (Wyclef Jean Remix)’, ‘New York (Carnegie’s Deli Mix)’, ‘New York (Superman Kicks Ativan Mix)’ and ‘When I Look At The World (Picante Remix)’.
Remastered Album Tracklisting:
- Beautiful Day
- Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
- Walk On
- In A Little While
- Wild Honey
- Peace On Earth
- When I Look At The World
- New York
- The Ground Beneath Her Feet