Eagles of Death Metal have named their new covers album after an age-old diss from Axl Rose,
A new covers record offering from the Eagles of Death Metal has been given the name of an age-old insult directed at the band by the GNR frontman.
The rockers confirmed the drop of a “very special” vinyl release earlier last week, November 8 th. comprising of a collection of rocking covers, the LP is going to be limited run of only 500 copies
coming with the snappy title of ‘Pigeons of Shit Metal’, it the release sees covers of songs by the likes of Pixies, Ramones and AC/DC.
According to the NME, the record is an insult from GNR frontman, Axl Rose, who dubbed the blues rockers ‘Pigeons of Shit Metal‘ after he threw the band off a Guns N’ Roses tour back in 2006. The band were not liked by the audience when they supported Guns on tour. Axl Rose said to the crowd, “So how’d you like the Pigeons Of Shit Metal? Don’t worry, that’s the last show they’re playing with us.”
12 years on, It seems Eagles saw the hilarity in the insult. The 10-track cover record even opens with a GnR cover, with the band taking on the ‘Appetite for Destruction’ track ‘It’s So Easy’.
Here is the the tracklist for the record.
1. ‘It’s So Easy’ by Guns N Roses
2. ‘Beat on the Brat’ by the Ramones
3. ‘Gouge Away’ by the Pixies
4. ‘So Alive’ by Love and Rockets
5. ‘High Voltage’ (medley) by AC/DC
6. ‘Go with the Flow’ by Queens of the Stone Age
7. ‘The Hunger’ by the Distillers
8. ‘Abracadabra’ by the Steve Miller Band
9. ‘Gonna Leave You’ by Queens of the Stone Age
10. ‘Long Slow Goodbye’ by Queens of the Stone Age
Don’t forget you can keep up-to-date on all things Nova over on our Instagram page – follow us for all the craziness of radio life coupled with news, sports and LOTS of cool competitions! Click here…