There’s been a further 54 COVID-19 related deaths reported this evening.
45 of these deaths occurred in February, five happened in January and four are still under investigation.
The median age of those who died was 86 years and the age range was 48 – 104 years.
There has been a total of 3,794* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Tuesday 9th February, the HPSC has been notified of 1,006 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There is now a total of 205,939** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 476 are men / 524 are women
- 65% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 35 years old
- 516 in Dublin, 63 in Cork, 46 in Galway, 43 in Meath, 36 in Louth and the remaining 302 cases are spread across all other counties.
As of 8am today, 1,032 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 173 are in ICU. 40 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of February 7, 240,487 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 153, 654 people have received their first dose
- 86,833 people have received their second dose