The missing person’s charity supporting the family of Nora Quoirin, whose body was found today, says it will not rest until it gets answers on the disappearance of the Irish teenager.
Matthew Searle from The Lucie Blackman Trust says there has been an investigation running alongside the missing person’s probe.
The naked body of the 15 year old was discovered beside a stream, just two kilometres from the holiday resort in Malaysia where she went missing from 10 days ago.
President Higgins and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar have expressed their sympathies to the teenager’s family.
Our thoughts & sincere condolences are with Nóra Quoirin’s parents, siblings & wider family at this unimaginably difficult time. They have experienced every family’s worst nightmare. I’d like to pay tribute to everyone who searched for Nora. May she rest in peace.
— Leo Varadkar (@LeoVaradkar) August 13, 2019
The body was found near a waterfall earlier in the day when State Police chief Mohammed Yusop said: ‘I can confirm a body has been found in the Betembum mountains. It is not in an accessible place’.
He said the white-skinned body was intact and forensics and a pathologist were on the scene which has been sealed off.
The discovery came after Nora’s parents put up a reward worth more than €10 000 searching for information that could have led to their daughter’s return.
Nora, who has a learning disability, went missing from her bedroom at the Dusun resort in southern Negeri Sembilan state on August 4 in what her parents had believed was an abduction.
Malaysian police say the body found by rescue teams "resembles Nora" – but it's yet to be confirmed if it is the missing 15-year-old.
They say the body was winched by helicopter to the hospital where it will be identified by the family.
— Sky News (@SkyNews) August 13, 2019