Couple Found Dead In Kilkenny Named Locally


Post-mortem examinations will be carried out later on the couple suspected of dying from carbon monoxide poisoning in their Kilkenny home.

Michael Hurley who was in his 80s and his longtime partner, Mary Holohan, in her late 70s, had been living in a house in Kilderry, on the Johnswell Road outside Kilkenny City for many years.

On Tuesday night, family members discovered their bodies in the bungalow. It’s feared their remains may have been there for a number of days. Suspected carbon monoxide poisoning is being examined as one of the causes of their deaths.

The State Pathologist has been notified and Gardai spent much of yesterday at the scene. Their bodies have been removed to Waterford Regional Hospital.

The couple have been described by neighbours as a quiet couple, who were always very supportive of local community fundraisers. They were regularly seen old time dancing in Kilkenny city.

Don’t forget you can keep up-to-date on all things Nova over on our Instagram page – follow us for all the craziness of radio life coupled with news, sports and LOTS of cool competitions! Click here…