Six People Hospitalized After Fire In Homeless Shelter

0
758
Man And Woman Die In Portmarnock House Fire

Six people have been hospitalized on Saturday evening with injuries after a fire broke out at a homeless hostel in Dublin city centre.

Emergency services rushed to the scene of a blaze at a property on Little Britain Street, Dublin 1 at about 6pm Saturday.

The injured were brought to the nearby Mater Hospital for treatment.

The scene is currently preserved to allow for a technical examination to be conducted.

Dublin Fire Brigade tweeted: “We’ve finished on scene following a building fire in the city centre off Capel Street. Firefighters were called shortly before 6pm and in total six units attended the incident. A number of patients were treated at scene before removal to hospital.”

The Dublin Regional Homeless Executive confirmed that fire was in the Supported Temporary Accommodation operated by DePaul Ireland. The accommodation has 82 bed spaces for homeless people.

Alternative accommodation has been put in place for those who need it.