The Killers have pushed their tour dates of Ireland and the UK back until the Summer of 2022.
The band had originally planned touring during the Summer of 2020, supporting their sixth studio album “Imploding the Mirage”. However, like most musicians, their tour had to be postponed due to the pandemic.
The Killers 2022 Tour Dates
The gigs have been rescheduled until 2022, with an extra show added in Falkirk. The Killers will be supported by Blossoms (see dates marked **), Sam Fender (see dates marked ^^), Manic Street Preachers (see dates marked ##), and Supergrass (see dates marked ~~).
The full list of dates for 2022 are here:
- Tuesday 24 May, 2022 – DONCASTER, KEEPMOAT STADIUM **
- Thursday 26 May, 2022 – BRISTOL, ASHTON GATE STADIUM ##
- Saturday 28 May, 2022 – COVENTRY, RICOH STADIUM ##
- Monday 30 May, 2022 – SOUTHAMPTON, ST MARY’S STADIUM **
- Wednesday 1 June, 2022 – MIDDLESBROUGH, RIVERSIDE STADIUM ##
- Friday 3 June, 2022 – LONDON, EMIRATES STADIUM ^^
- Saturday 4 June, 2022 – LONDON, EMIRATES STADIUM ^^
- Tuesday 7 June, 2022 – FALKIRK, THE FALKIRK STADIUM ~~ (NEW DATE)
- Thursday 9 June, 2022 – NORWICH, CARROW ROAD STADIUM **
- Saturday 11 June, 2022 – MANCHESTER, EMIRATES OLD TRAFFORD **
- Tuesday 14 June, 2022 – DUBLIN, MALAHIDE CASTLE ^^
- Wednesday 15 June, 2022 – DUBLIN, MALAHIDE CASTLE ^^
“Hope you can still join us”
The band released a statement, “UK and Ireland friends – we’re sorry, but there’s no way around this. These will be the same great shows, but we have to move them to next year. All tickets will be honoured, so we really hope you can still join us!”.
The band added that lead singer Brandon Flowers was due to undergo surgery having suffered a bike accident a few years ago.
Brandon Flowers said this, “I went over the handlebars on my bike and an injury from that has manifested itself. I have a torn labrum on that (right) shoulder so I am going under the knife in a couple of weeks to get that taken care of”.
Better news for Killers fans, as Flowers said that the upcoming album is almost finished.
Flowers said, “It’s almost done and we’re going to mix the record next week. We don’t have a drop date, but it’s pretty much done! It sort of fell into our laps.”
He also added, “Some songs are laborious sons of bitches and then some just appear. This album just kind of appeared and we’ve never had that happen. We’ve had songs appear but never an entire record like this. We’re almost confused by it, but we’re going with it and we’re really excited about it”.