It has been reported that one of the Dublin mums who refused to enter mandatory quarantine tested positive for Covid-19. Seven Gardaí are now self-isolating as a precaution as they are deemed to be close contacts.
It has also yet to be confirmed which of the two Dublin women Kirstie McGrath, a mum of two from Rialto and Niamh Mulreaney a mother of one from Essex St, Dublin 2, contracted the virus. The two women were returning from Dubai after getting cosmentic surgery. You can check out Nova’s report on it from last week here.
A garda spokesperson said this. “As the Department of Health are the lead agency in relation to the management of mandatory quarantining, An Garda Síochána will not be commenting further at this time”.
“An Garda Síochána will not be providing commentary on the individual status of any members”.
Dublin mum’s appeal for home quarantine
Having returned from Dubai, the two women requested that they quarantine in their own homes.
However, both appeals were fast tracked and refused. It was also reported that McGrath and Mulreaney made their requests to the Appeals Officer yesterday. The officer is based in the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Dublin Airport.
Solicitor, Michael French spoke at a bail hearing on Saturday. Mr French stated to Tallagh District Court that the pair did not have enough funds to afford the quarantine fees.
Despite the fact that the two mums flew back to Ireland last Friday, their quarantine did not start until Sunday.
The HSE said they were not in a position to comment, while the Department of Health said they do not comment on individual cases.
The Department of Health also recently caused debates within the Government with plans to extend the mandatory quarantine to 43 countries. The Attorney General expressed his concerns to the Health Minister, leaving other Government ministers along with the European Union “furious”.