After Foo Fighters were forced to pull out of Glastonbury this year, it’s been confirmed that Florence+ The Machine will now be the new headliners for the Glastonbury Festival.
The official announcement was made earlier this morning after it was announced that Foo Fighters would not be headlining this years festival. The statement was made by Glastonbury organizer Emily Eavis, who said “We’re very pleased to announce that Florence + The Machine will play the Friday night Pyramid headline slot, which Foo Fighters were forced to withdraw from yesterday.”
Many people voiced their frustration’s when Florence wasn’t announced as a headliner originally, now that they have been promoted to headliners it’s certain to please a lot of fans.
They were meant to actually play before Foo Fighters, but Eavis said she had to choose Florence once Foo Fighters dropped out “Once we heard the sad news that Foo Fighters had been forced to pull out, there was only one person we wanted to call and that was Florence. Every time she has played here she’s done something spectacular and we always knew she would headline the Pyramid one day”.
Photo Credit: Lee Gwyn